Sunday 28 February 2010

Weird sleep...

Yesterday I went for a run which I have not done for last couple of weeks since I've had an injury. It was good to go again as I do miss it! The only problem with running though is that it seems to make me so hungry. Not that odd, no, but it does not just make my stomach hungry. I tend to get a bit light headed which means concentrating is difficult especially since it tends to set off my OCD. I don't know if anyone else experiences this? Apparently hunger causes anxiety - not helpful to OCD sufferers who are trying to watch their weight. It interferes with my sleeping if I spend a day going over and over phrases or lists (which I spoke about in my previous post) and then go to bed with it still going over and over because my brain refuses to switch off. It's as though it's stuck on repeat. Last night I did slep but it was that strange light, patchy, unsatisfying sort of sleep. When I get used to exercising each day and get into a pattern with my eating habits it settles down a bit but I do still get a little anxiety induced OCD sometimes. I don't see it as reason to stop running though as the health benefits of exercise and the pleasure it gives me are huge. OCD effects my life in so many ways it's quite incredible.

Anyway, today I am off shopping. I am researching effective but not too expensive anti-wrinkle creams. I have one but am not convinced it is working for me. Perhaps I would not be getting wrinkles at my age if it were not for the anxiety...

No comments:

Post a Comment