Thursday 11 February 2010

New plan...

Right I have had a rethink about the way I am tackling this. I seem to be suffering a setback and am not sure why. Perhaps I just need a fresh and more strict approach. The book I am using presses time and again the importance of total exposure and refraining from checking in any situation. Basically, I am to ask myself "would I be checking this if I did not have OCD?" If the answer is no then do not do it. I think I have fallen down at this point because I am still checking. I managed to reduce the amount of checks per item and therefore the amount of time spent but the idea really is to refrain from checking altogether. Last night I decided to stop altogether and this morning I did ok. I had got up to 20 mins but am back down to 16 now so it's an improvement. There were some things I managed to avoid checking but with others the compulsion was too strong. But hey it's early days with the new plan so watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment