Thursday 28 January 2010

Up and down...

Well it's been an odd couple of days. On Monday I was terrible at locking up. No idea why. I must have had some unconscious anxieties going on as I felt quite relaxed in myself but when it came to locking up everything worried me and I had to check things I no longer normally think about. I stopped checking the cooker before leaving for work a few weeks ago but no, I had to check it. I also had to unlock the front door and lock it again! This felt like such a big step back and made me determined to lock up better so yesterday (didn't have to lock up on Tuesday as someone was in (handy!) I made a big effort. Although I have to admit I did not feel so compulsed as Monday and locked up in 11 mins!! Let's see how I do today. I have a feeling I might have problems later today as I was out last night for a few drinks which always effects my blood sugar levels and in turn makes me anxious. Need some protein pronto. I'm not in work until this afternoon and I might, on the way, have to pop in the shop to see the Vivienne Westwood handbag...

Just an observation but when you think of something you really like (such as a new handbag - or if that's not your bag (!) a night out or whatever) does it make you less anxious and your compulsion fades? Or is that just me? Good excuse anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment