Sunday 17 January 2010

Hello! Welcome to my blog. I am glad you've found me.

I want to share with you my experiences as I deal with OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) and GAD (Generalised Anxiety Disorder). I have lived with these conditions since childhood and now in my thirties I have begun to seek help which is slowly but surely enabling me to deal with them and start living rather than just existing!! These are conditions which people find hard to tell people about and therefore feel isolated and find it very difficult then to seek help often with the belief that there is nothing that can be done. I have realised this is not the case. I am reading self-help books and am due to see a psychologist within the next few months. Unfortunately mental health is very underfunded on the NHS and the waiting list is one year!!

I have discovered that 2.3% of the population have OCD and only 10% of those are seeking help. I hope that my blog will help me and others as I share what is happening in my life and that perhaps other sufferers who read this might be encouraged to also seek help if they are not already. Or maybe you have managed to gain full control of it and you can offer advice to me!

I will try to update my blog daily.Thanks for reading. Please do comment and share your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment