Friday 27 May 2011

CBT Sessions going well...

So far my appointments have consisted of going through various modules covering an overview of worrying, why we worry, challenging beliefs about worry being uncontrollable, dangerous (although this one is not my belief), and also interestingly challenging positive beliefs about worry. I do various "experiments" each week to challenge my way of anxious worrying. It is surprisingly effective, although of course there is a long way to go. It seems quite easy at the moment because I am having a relatively easy period where anxiety is concerned and the real test will be when times are harder but this information gives me some confidence that I might be able to gain some control over it all. When my anxiety is bad it is pretty intense so my aim is to master the skills while it's quiet!

No comments:

Post a Comment